I am just a photograph
forever smiling into your eyes.
Just a fond memory,
worth only your half smile and
a finger run down the length
of my two dimensional body.
A girl you once knew.
I imagine how you look at me.
Detached, you muse on the mystery
of two people drawn together
and apart. You wonder
why you don't feel what you felt.
Photographs are not enough.
Love is written with fingers on skin,
by eyes constantly changing their light
in waves of expression.
Love is whispered,
warm,
just by your ear.
Known
When I told you I wanted to be an ocean
I meant that I wanted to be your ocean.
I want to stop,
silent,
so you can touch the silk of my cool blue skin,
and see the pearls I've hidden
in the eel's small cave,
and under the orca's tongue.
Presence
When I wake up,
it's because something you said once
echoed.
And your palm print has never truly faded
from its place on my stomach.
From the moment we stopped
circling each other, watchful and
telling deep secrets with our eyes.
From the moment our unspoken,
before-it-all-begins language
became so audible,
I can still hear it.
At China Walls
Our fingers tightly intertwined,
you led me down inclines and
around jutting stones.
You brought me here.
We walk on a rocky floor,
circling small tide pools with their
quiet anemones,
and we watch the ocean.
It whispers its anguish --
pulsing and pushing and
black and blue.
It slaps and spits,
heartbroken and
exposed
beneath a swollen moon.
From Outside
Doors and all their slamming truths.
The finality of their locking, what hovers when they close,
glimpses of lives we could be living
stolen from their keyholes and the edges
of light that surround them.
Doors and leaving.
Doors and too much privacy and
too much mystery.
If you would open just this one,
I might know it all.
I might have a new place to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment